Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Monte Carlo Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dane View Post
Hi all

Well today I had the pleasure of driving a beautiful f10 2015 f10 m5 with competition pack at a main dealer.

The car was like new, and had only done 10.000 miles.

The good part:

I was afraid that the car would be too much of a mandfull for my wife, but to my surprise, if you dont press the gas pedal down beyond the kick down, it rides even more civalized then my 2014 535xd m-sport.
I have read that the DCT can be a littel clunky, to me it was simply magnificant.
The engine is also soo good at just pushing the car forward efortlessly at any speed, making it feel like a v12 mercedes s class.

The bad part (or maybe i did something wrong here)

I started out driving it slowly to get a feel for it, and then I used the buttoms around the gearlever to select sport+ on everything except suspension.
But it was like there were no change, and the car drove not much faster then my 535d rooling on the gas.
That is until I pressed the pedal beyond the kick down, and then it is like rocket booster got ignited, and its simply warp speed fast.

I have read that in sport+ mode it completly changes persona, and my 535d surthenly changes dramaticly from comfort to sport+, but the m5 remained civil, until the kickdown.

Did I do something wrong ?

Also, it seems that you cant get drivers seat as low to the floor as in my 535d, and I like the seat exactly as I have dialed it in in the 535.
Is it just that way, or can anyone that have driven both a lci m5 and a normal f10 inlighten me if there is a limitation in the m5 seats in regards to have low the seat can be adjustet ?

Thanks
Sport plus makes a difference with throttle response etc. The car is very lazy in efficient but in sport plus it's just ready to pull.

When rolling on the throttle I notice that it's not mega quick but pulls effortlessly and is usually going much faster than it feels. Sometimes a feeling of low power is due to traction issues. My car quite often cuts power but keeps it very smooth, sometimes without flashing the DSC light.

Once you are used to the car and you know how to drive it you will fully appreciate it. Obviously I don't recommend it at this time of year and considering you have just got it, but MDM mode is a must in dry weather, it allows you to get some wheelspin without cutting your power. The M5 feels much much faster in MDM.

I had an e60 535d before this and it was tuned and was "quick". The M5 simply blows it into the weeds.

When I first got the M5 I didn't know how to drive it properly and was unable to appreciate it. I started a thread about this last year.
Appreciate 0