10-23-2018, 05:17 AM   #158
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichM50d View Post
I’m talking about 2018 3 Series vs Tesla, actually on the road.

The figures must be accurate, but I’m interested in what constitutes a sale over there, as here in the UK, a “sale” is a new car registration, and dealers have pre-registered cars sat in garages/ compounds all over the country.

The same system would make sense in the US, as I travel all over the US several times a year, and have hardly seen any.
How do you know all of the F30's you see are 2018 model year? When my co-worker picked up his Model 3 2 weeks ago, he said there were an s-load of Model 3 in the distribution lot awaiting customer delivery.
Maybe the answer is the reported Tesla sales are the fulfillment of the 400,000 pre-order slots yet the cars are not yet delivered to customers. We are on the East Coast outside of Washington DC. But in reality I think there are just simply more F30s on US roads than Model 3's. Here are the sales numbers for MY 2018: (July - Sept is really when Tesla 3's started out selling the 3-series in significant numbers)
Attached Images

A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 10-23-2018 at 05:25 AM..
Appreciate 0