06-15-2022, 11:56 AM   #59
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
It's not the same as a consumer good at all, you're talking massive infrastructure costs that may be redundant in 3 to 5 years. Who is paying for all this?

New poll last night showed only 30% of Canadians would consider a pure EV right now, not buy, but consider. BANG on my estimate.

I am very bullish about this, I called out the optimism on AI tech and self driving and we have effectively gone backwards in 5 years. EV's will be more successful than that but the lack of home charging options for great, massive swathes of the population will kill the idea of market domination. ICE will be legislated out so the compromise will be PHEV to some degree.

I am a cold hearted pragmatist, i cannot see how the charging issue is addressed in a cost effective manner.
If you look at the very first model Tesla put on the road to where it is today, you’re saying the advancements as time go on which is accelerated that they won’t have improved on the flaws we’re seeing today?

Tesla is still 10 years ahead of everyone when ford laughed at the idea 10 years ago, and now they’re playing catch up.

If anyone can make these improvements rapidly it’s Tesla.
Appreciate 0