View Single Post
      08-27-2012, 09:49 AM   #79
EidlBen
Rep
Drives: Gray M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt8/bmw View Post
Wow...bothe are great cars so how anybody could bad mouth either is beyond me.

Back in 08, I (who had never owned a caddy, but had owned a BMW 7 series) looked at and drove both..the previous M5 obviously. I chose to purchase the V. It just won me over, even though I loved both. It just had a better balance for me of raw performance and refinement. But it was a TOUGH decision.

Now I may rethink it with the new M5, which seems badass. But don't downplay the V if you never drove it. I got to tear up Monticello with it and it is a world class vehicle.

By the way, are these the best published quarter times for the M5? I think wit can do better. I know that time is way off for the V. I was at the track in the fall of 08 when Motor Trend had the V ( not yet available to the public) and they were running consistent 12.2s with the manual and 12.1 with the automatic. (have vid if anyone doubts that ). Plus, I had many runs down the strip,with mine and got a best of 12.1 and a pretty standard 12.3, and that was typically with a feathered launch. I know a number of guys from the forum that cracked the 12s. A simple pulley swap and tune gets you there easy.

^I agree with him.

Well, truth is I do still like BMW than Cadillac so whatever happens I'll always be biased against my comment regarding bimmers. Cadillacs are cool and all, but I don't really think they shold be priced like now. Well that's how they price their Parts for Cadillac so I guess I can't really complain.
Appreciate 0