View Single Post
      12-07-2018, 01:42 PM   #3
sumitagarwal
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad850csi View Post
The hub face to hub face distance is the same on both and a lot of parts are the same if you flock through realoem.com and go through the various part codes.

There are different spring rates for the different cars - obviously the F12 is going to be stiffer in the rear due to the extra 200kg or so if the roof but other than that they are all the same.

Not sure about alignment specs - one chassis type might be given values in a different range to another but that will just be different values, not different hardware.
Thanks, super helpful. I've been thinking about using M6 wheels on my M5 (especially since it has available forged 19" wheels that are slightly wider). Or, if not specifically the M6 wheels, I'm eyeballing any wheel geometry that falls between M5 spec and M6 spec as within the ideal range to compliment the rest of the suspension.

While I think the meatier look of the M6 wheels might be nice, I'm far more interested in a car that drives "right" than looks good. My understanding was already that M6 wheels bolt up correctly with tighter but sufficient space in the wheel wells, but I really don't want any adverse handling effects.
Appreciate 0