Thread: Your First Job
View Single Post
      09-15-2023, 03:04 PM   #88
ArthurMorgan
Right to Repair Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: '17 X5 M

First job was when I was 16 at Wendy's in the early 00s. I got paid about 25 cents more than minimum wage. At first it was cool, because I worked with some of my friends on the evening shift. Fucked around all the time, ate many many many free Big Bacons, chicken nuggets, Biggie fries, and Frostys. I probably gained 10 pounds in 3 months.

What they didn't know is that I had dropped out of high school and technically didn't need to work the evening shift. Once my manager - who was a total dildo - figured that out, he moved me to day shift. I don't know if you've ever given a good hard look at the people who work fast food during the day shift, but many of them are there for questionable decisions they made in their past. 16 and working around some very, VERY strange people wasn't really desirable, so one day I just never went back and never answered any of their calls.

Went to work as a bullseye bitch at Target a few months later and managed to score like $2 more per hour. I worked with a bunch of people my own age and it was actually a pretty fun job as far as retail goes.

2003 Ford F-150 Harley Davidson Supercharged
Appreciate 0