03-01-2013, 02:12 AM   #69
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilia@IND View Post
In our latest update, we can share a rendered drawing of the AMS catted downpipes!

Once again CAD proves to be an invaluable tool, helping the engineers at AMS position the downpipes within the engine bay before a single bead of weld is laid. This allows us to create the most generously sized downpipes with the smoother possible bends, resulting in the best possible exhaust flow.

The catalytic converters used in this application are ultra high flow race cats, which have been proven to offer plenty of exhaust flow well after the 900 horsepower mark. In testing a less than 1% reduction in horsepower was found when compared to a catless downpipe, on a car making a bit over 900 wheel horsepower.

A catless option will be offered as well, with our first prototypes being tested on our own IND F10 M5 in less than one month.

I am liking what I am seeing!!!! By the time I order up my new Individual M5 (probably within 2-3 years) you will have all of the R&D done and I can come down for a visit and we can make it FAST!!!!!!!!