Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW ///M6 F13

Garage List
2013 Bmw M6  [0.00]
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirob View Post
NOTE!!! This is not to start an argument! I'm looking to make a switch from this money pit I'm in right now and have a hard time deciding which one to get on the used market.

I'm curious why some of you guys chose the M5 over the M6 GC? I know the GC wasn't available as a 2013 model year car so I know why the "early" adopters got the M5. Just curious what made the 2014 and newer purchasers get the M5 over the GC since the price is not that far apart at that price point. What's another $15K between friends, right?

This is also a question to the guys that purchased them used. 2014 M5s and GCs are ~$10K price difference...if that. This is where I'm at. Simply can't afford a new one and keep both kidneys at the same time.

So, is it the price difference? Looks? Performance? Practicality?

I know the M5 is a bit lighter but from what I understand the GC is a bit quicker. Both look great but I think I'll leaning towards the GC in this regard. Ability to tune should be same? M5 is probably more practical with real rear seats.

Please chime in. I'm really curious why you guys went one way vs. the other...and let's keep it civil.

Thanks!
I have a f13, the gc looks like a hissing cockaroach
Appreciate 0