Drives: M5 F10 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaxwil View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passi-M5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaxwil View Post
Yes. The green stuff
Do you have experience with "Leichtlauf High Tech"?
I'll give you a little background. While my car was under warranty I used BMW's 0W30. I also performed oil analysis on every other oil change. At 10k mile intervals, the oil analysis reports were good but showed my viscosity was too low. I also needed to add a quart or 2 of oil in between changes. After my warranty expired, I switched to Liquid Moly Molygen 5W40 and immediately noticed a difference. The car ran quieter and smoother. Most importantly I purposely went 10k miles and didn't have to add a quart. The analysis showed better viscosity tolerance and more lubricants. I have now gone to 5k mile intervals despite the oil reports stating I would have no issue going longer.

I ran Leichtlauf High Tech one time due to not having the Molygen on hand and the oil analysis came back good. However it lacked the same level of lubricants per the report. I also tried Ravenol VST in the 5W40 version and it too didn't maintain viscosity and required adding a quart within 2500 miles.

I'm currently at 115k Miles, stage 2 tuned, and the car absolutely loves the LM Molygen. Wont change again. Looking forward to it holding up another 30-50k so that I can do the same with the F90.
Thanks for the report.
I leave the Ravenol in and the next time I change my oil I try the LM Molygen 5W40.

The Molygen cannot be found on the homepage. Maybe it's because I'm from Germany
Appreciate 0