Curious Gooner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 135i M-Sport

Garage List
2010 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Well when I said he's a prolific scorer I was thinking how he's the #2 all time scorer for France only behind Platini.
Again... As an Arsenal fan. He's only behind another Arsenal player, the king, Thierry Henry.

But strictly talking about national teams, a lot of people wouldn't say Henry was "prolific" for France. I think the argument is you have to score on average >0.50 consistently to be considered prolific. Meaning you score a goal every 2 games. While as dominant as he was, Henry was more of him scoring like a regular striker but because he was their best striker for so long he accumulated a lot of caps. I think he has somewhere over 120 international caps. Griezman has about the same amount of goals as Giroud, with less caps, and as a winger but they wont say he's prolific either.

If we talking prolific national goal scorer I think the only person I know off the top of my head and got to see film playing was who you mentioned, Platini. He scored basically every other game for the French national team. Baller.
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12795.50