View Single Post
      01-18-2018, 10:47 AM   #84
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosM4 View Post
Vic, have you had any trouble with the brakes?
Motortrend really criticized the E63's brakes, although I believe something was seriously wrong with the unit they tested (in grip and braking). Oddly enough, Car and Driver/ Road and Track skidpad and braking numbers are better (braking is substantially better).

By the way, cancelled my order on the E63. Car got delayed to March, and the dealer had told me a lot of B.S. that wasn't real as I found out later. I am probably buying a used one, since it depreciates 40% in the First Year of Ownership in my side of the pond
Hey Carlos, I saw that Motortrend Head2Head against the Caddy CTS V where the braking distance was way off. I think it was "one off" as you alluded to with the other tests showing great numbers. As for my car, I have the CCCB's and they have been flawless, under cold usuage and heavy presses thru the canyon. I did bed them at mile 11 so there should be no squeaks and thus far they are quiet.

Thats unfortunate about your car... Im sure you will see a few samples, used, pop up soon.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 1
CarlosM4412.50