View Single Post
      03-19-2016, 03:56 PM   #20
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNoSol View Post
X5M Pros: Sleeper, Updated Interior, and AWD.
X5M Cons: Lack of after market parts, not easily recognized as an M car, and heavy.

M5 Pros: Easily recognized as an M car, lots of after market parts, and RWD (fun)
M5 Cons: Dated interior, Dispay isn't as sharp, and not as luxurious

Here's how I can sum it up. I drove my X5M to a car meet 2 weeks ago. Only 2 people realized that it's a special car and took photos of it. The stock Mazda Miata next to the X5M was getting more crowd traffic and more photos.

I brought my M5 into service to check on a few things yesterday. As soon as I pulled up, the SAs and people waiting quickly surrounded the car. They know immediately it's a special BMW. I also gotten more thumbs up with the M5 in the past 7 days then I did with the X5M in months. Clearly, the M5 wins the exterior look and people's choice award.

The X5M acceleration is no slouch. It can easily do 0-60 in 3.8s and finish the quarter in 12s flat. Also, did you know the X5M has the same Nurburgring time as an E92 M3 of 8m05s? So if you want a sleeper, fast, and luxurious car, then X5M is it.

If you like going to car shows/meet and maybe track once a year, then I recommend the M5. The M5 does real well at high speed tracks, like COTA. Vs an X5M, some clubs don't allow SUVs enter track events. Even if you could enter, you'll kill a set of tires in one day.

If you track more than 1-2 weekend per year, then look into the F80 M3. I had an F80 M3, I really really loved it.
Let me add "DCT" , "Steering" and "Handling" to the M5 pros. Also, because of these three (and lower center of gravity) M5 is about 10 seconds faster (than X5M) over the ring...
To me X5M is too heavy and that's why even with a more powerful engine and more torque beside the AWD is still slower than M5 in term of 0-60 or even 1/4 mile + trap speed
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 1