Curious Gooner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 135i M-Sport

Garage List
2010 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Lukaku (28) is a better fit for Chelsea compared to Giroud (34) as he's younger and I think he's a better playmaker in terms of creating assists for his teammates. Yes Giroud was a prolific scorer in his prime but he's not where he used to be. Perhaps another important factor is Lukaku is much more engaged as a teammate and leader within the team. As soon as he arrived at Chelsea the other players vibed with him. He brings another dimension that Giroud did not personality-wise. Ask yourself why Giroud wasn't starting more games if he was such a good fit for them.

As for losing Giroud, they let him go to AC Milan. If they really wanted to keep him they would have.
Nobody said Lukaku wasn't a better fit . It's obvious he is a better fit. He also didn't come from a in city rival. Its hard to mesh well with people who you originally hated haha. But yeah I only stated that Lukaku's style of play of being "Someone that can play with his back to the goal and control the ball and dish it off for an assist if he doesn't score for himself" was literally Giroud's style of play.

Also i'm an Arsenal fan and can confirm that Giroud was never a prolific scorer haha. He was know for his linkup play, holdup play, aerial threat, and passing abilities. Look at how he was used in the world cup France won. He had 0 shots on target, but he started as their sole center forward in almost every game. Why? His great holdup play and his ability to link up with the other attacking players. He was the ideal target man.
Appreciate 1
e90Nate285.00