View Single Post
      12-08-2020, 01:23 PM   #28
andrewmr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

Garage List
From a constructors championship, I think HAM and BOT can beat VER and ALB again in 2021. So a HAM and RUS lineup may be overkill. But it would be nice to have that headroom.

Not sure what impact Alonso at Renault will have. He's my guy, so I certainly hope he does well but I'm not expecting anything until 2022. If then as I recognize he's missed his window.

And I'm not sure what Ferrari will be able to do in 2021.

McLaren????

I really don't expect much from Racing Point, other than perhaps a few podiums here and there.

But VER and PER at RBR might be a little tougher so RUS in the BOT seat may make sense.

If you really want to think outside the box and shake some things up....

Hamilton hasn't signed a contract for 2021 and if I remember correctly he's asking for 54 Million.

Assuming Williams will release Russel, leave him in Hamilton's seat and replace Bottas with Perez. That would save 50 Million in drivers salaries.

That would leave Hammy with an option to get out of the sport, or find a seat at the last minute. Where would he go? Where could he go?

RBR comes to mind and having him as a teammate to Max would put a few discussions to rest. This would be a killer driver combination, but sadly one that would end poorly for Max.

Would Racing Point (Aston Martin) rethink their decision on Vettel and pick up Hamilton?

So many things to ponder.....

But back to the original question. Yes, RUS deserves a better seat than Williams is able to give him. If BOT is the only seat available then yes he should get it.
Appreciate 0