Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
Nothing.. His resume is beyond reproach and spot within the pantheon of all-time greats a done deal. No matter what happens from here.

But greatness should be challenged. New, up and coming challengers should be welcomed until it's time to pass the torch. This happens naturally in almost all other sports -- tennis, basketball, boxing, you name it.

Motorsport is one of the only arenas where this natural challenge process doesn't necessarily materialize, but I think it's incumbent upon the world's premier motorsport and its participants to make it so. If Merc continues to be dominant, Lewis could be "insulated" by BOT (or similar) for another 5 years, 10 years? (HAM's an athlete, bet he could effectively drive well into his 40's.) Meanwhile a RUS spends his prime years in a Williams? That can't be right.

Some good competition within the team will not obstruct another WCC or necessarily cause strife. They're all grown men & women operating on a 9 figure budget. Hire counselors...

And as above, HAM aside, I have issue with BOT being in 1 of the top 2 seats in all of motorsport. It's just not deserved.

Respect your viewpoint. But I sure hope come March '21 I'm looking at different driver lineups at both RB and Merc. My level of interest will be exponentially greater if so.

Small side note/anecdote -- last weekend was the first race my 12 year old son watched lights out to checkered all year!
Nicely stated.

My experience in motorsport is that the creme rises to the top, invariably. The best drivers always get the best seats and there are so many machinations in the background that we fans can't possibly know them all. It is better now than under the Bernie dictatorship.

And FANTASTIC on the race with your son. My daughter still watches the races when she can between studying law and has been a gear head since she was young. When she was in high school, she was the Car Guy. She knew more than all of the boys about cars. She still comes on our "spirited drives in Mexico" and loves all things cars. It sounds like you are along a similar path. Enjoy this time...it passes more quickly than you might imagine.

Cheers-mk
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 2