07-07-2020, 03:05 PM   #28
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfastwagon View Post
That's a wide range of SUVs to pick from (Tahoe to Macan). Do you drive your M3 daily? Would you consider driving a Tahoe daily, instead? I rented a Tahoe once and I can't imagine driving that thing daily. Not fun to parallel park those in tight spaces. I guess my point is, are you looking for something that complements your M3 rather than something that she wants. I've been there plenty of times so no judgements here.
I do daily my M3, love it. If I could afford to add a 3rd vehicle to the stable I would, and this would be the plan down the road (would add a truck). I'd be content driving the Tahoe, but I'd rather not give up my vehicle to do so. The M3 will be paid off in year or so, and her lease will end in February. So ideally i'd like to be a position with just one vehicle payment. If I sold mine only to get a larger suv and she ended up with a smaller suv I'd have two vehicles that practically accomplish the same thing.

To answer your question, I guess yeah I am looking for something to complement the M3 to the extent that the other vehicle needs to accomplish everything mine does not. In an ideal world I'd have my M3, a truck, and a SUV large enough to handle the long road trips. With that said, even then the truck would not cut it for those longer trips due to the size of the dogs and the potential for kids in the future.

The more I think about this the more I am coming to the conclusion that I am planning too far in the future. But seeing as we already have a problem in regards to space with her vehicle the only logical conclusion I can come to is that we will need something larger. I guess my concern for this is larger than hers. Decisions decisions....
Appreciate 0