12-23-2011, 02:41 PM   #56
rmani
Buys too many toys...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2000 Ferrari 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Without being a nay-sayer, I will have to admit that if someone parks a 911 Turbo and a 911 GT3 RS 4.0 in my driveway and tells me I can only have one, and I can't test them out first, well, there's not even a remote chance I will pick the turbo. Now, maybe if I were allowed to test I will like the Turbo more. Who knows. I doubt it, but I won't say it can't happen.

I agree people should reserve final judgement until they experience the car(s).
I agree with you. I'd rather have a gt3 over the turbo bc they are na and rwd, two characteristics that are unbeatable in terms of pure driving fun.

BUT i don't dislike turbo cars. I would take a ferrari f40 over a ferrari f50 despite it being a twin turbo. Really just depends on what you're looking for. My main problems with turbos is it's just another part that can break and cause headaches. I grew up with a turbo passat and it was nice but the turbo always had issues. Same thing with my friend's saab.

I don't know why people are ripping on the e60 though. That v10 is insane and they are still plenty fast. is the f10 better? of course, it should be better it's supposed to be the next evolution.
Appreciate 0