04-22-2012, 05:18 AM   #205
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by delvek View Post
I have only been living in Germany since 1998 which doesnt constitute a lot of experience but I think its enough to say that overall there are very few accidents on the autobahn and even fewer police to be seen. I read your posts and think there are two Germany's!

Your accounts of driving on the autobahn in my opinion are quite hilarious! THe only reason why I am posting this is because it really sucks that someone such as yourself is coming across as some autobahn authority where clearly you are delusional as I nothing you write makes any sense in the over 10 years I have been living and driving in Germany.
With very little experience of Autrobahn driving, I still have to agree with your views on this.

The link posted by Alter Peter earlier about accidents on the autobahn does not really give any information about the frequency of accidents compared to other roads.

According to this article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_autobahns#Safety

There are 2,2 fatalities per billion vehicle kilometres on German autobahns. Belgium had 4,5, the Netherlands 2,1 and using the same statistics on US motorways they have 4,5 fatalities per billion vehicle kilometres.

So Autobahns are twice as safe as US motorways and comparable to a lot of european motorways...
Appreciate 0