View Single Post
      03-13-2014, 10:12 PM   #66
ShainoF10M5
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M8 GC

Just an update on my B&O rattle. Mine is in or near the left rear door speaker, and it's a high pitched buzz. As mentioned a few posts ago, my dealership ordered a new speaker to replace what they thought was a defective one, and today they installed the new speaker. No change. I brought the techs and my Svc rep out to my car, isolated that one speaker (in expanded mode, when it is most noticeable) and he realized that they replaced the wrong speaker driver. There are actually two drivers in the rear door speaker enclosure. He replaced the woofer (or midrange) but they now think the problem is coming from the tweeter. So they ordered a new tweeter and I'll find out in a few weeks whether they've resolved this.

I did speak with my service rep about the possible b-pillar washer torque being out of spec and he did check for that because that is a known (and someone common) problem. They eliminated that issue from possibilities and are focused on a defective (or blown) speaker driver.

It's just one of those things that gets in your head after hearing it the first time. Maybe someone else is experiencing this problem and my experience will save you some time.
Appreciate 0