Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshIII View Post
Hey thanks for the fast response Dracon!

I just looked at your nbt.pdf for the first time, where you disassembled the nbt.

Does SiriusXM have its own circuit board or is it integrated into a big FM/AM/Sirius board inside the NBT?

If Sirius has it own circuit board in the NBT, it might be possible to just replace the SiriusXM board and keep the same NBT (HD, NAV, FM HD Radio, etc.)

I read from your earlier post the 2014 NBT you got for your 2013 M5 was about $400 through a friend. So that would be a low ball price for an Ebay find of the same box I am sure.

The other big expense for me at this point would be getting the BMW Coding software and connector cable.

I heard on Volks Wagons, the Info/Comm Computer cables plug right into the same port used by OBD ECM etc. UPDATE: Its plugs into the same place (OBD2) with the ENET cable into the 535i BMW

Question: What will the coding software and connector cable cost? UPDATE: Nevermind I found the cost of the software (E-sys 3.27.1), is free. The OBD Cable is about $20 plus shipping. I havent looked for an Amazon source for it yet.

Thanks!
It's all integrated together. I looked at trying to replace just the radio board (it's one big radio board, not just a separate Sirius module). So you'd have to replace the entire headunit.

If you look on eBay, you can probably find them pretty cheap. I found one for $299 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-5-6-7-Se...5YwBGP&vxp=mtr) on eBay.

As long as the build date on the NBT is 07/2013 or higher you should be good to go.
Appreciate 0