Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by v3n0m View Post
1. How did you virginize the unit? Or can you just write your fsc codes without doing anything first?
2. I'm referring to this issue, which I also run into sometimes. "ISTA/P only complained about the fact I retrofitted the Touchbox module and the Touch iDrive controller, which was easily fixed in Expert Mode to reflash and recode the NBT to my VO." I currently remove the retrofit and put the old controller back. How do you do it?

Thanks for the help.
1) There's a process to remove all the FSCs from the NBT and return it to a virgin state. It can't be done via ISTA-P.

2) That doesn't have anything to do with the NBT itself really. You'd still have to use Expert Mode to bypass the retrofitted TBX and CON units. Or you can use E-Sys to reflash and recode the NBT to your VO, then make the custom edits required to enable the TBX module and Sirius album art.

At least for as long as you can still use ISTA-P. BMW is removing F, G and I Series flashing support from ISTA-P in the next version as it's moved to ISTA-D now.
Appreciate 0