View Single Post
      06-09-2016, 10:32 PM   #1
MpowerMike
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 IB BMW M5

Tired Of Drivetrain Malfunction!

Ok here's my situation. last summer ago I got the drivetrain malfunction twice when at full throttle going through 4th gear redline to 5th gear. It would go into limp mode each time. But it would only do it when I would hit redline. If I shift before redline it would not throw an error. I would then turn it off for a minute and turn it back on and it would be fine. At that time I was running catless downpipes and bms stage 1. Scanned the car when I got back home and showed misfires on 5 and 8. Checked my spark plugs and looked like they needed to be replaced. Got them replaced with oem parts. After the plugs got replaced I didn't get a chance to go out and do a couple of high speed runs that summer. Coming back to today it's still doing the same thing . Couple of days ago I went out did a couple of hard runs and whenever I would redline 4th to 5th It go into limp mode and throw the drivetrain malfunction . Scanned it and same thing 5 & 8 misfires. What can it be? Hpfp pump? Fuel injectors ? Anyone else had this problem before?

Current mods :
TMS Exhaust
Catless downpipes
ESS Tune
Attached Images

2006 E65 BMW 750i Titanium Silver
2001 E39 BMW 530i Orient Blue
Appreciate 0