View Single Post
      04-23-2016, 06:43 PM   #8
radiofrequency
Field Marshall
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 ZCP, 2021 M2 Comp

To answer the OP's question: I acquired a bottle of the Modesta Detail Spray and the Modesta Shampoo H-04. Very pricey products, and the Detail Spray doesn't go that far. With respect to using a Quick Detail Spray "between washes", I would refrain from that practice. IMHO, you've invested a large sum of money into the coating, so to take a Detail Spray to this between washes is akin to sandpapering your vehicle. I know that I will get flamed for this, but you should have a clean and uncontaminated surface prior to using the Quick Detail Spray. My recommendation is that you invest in an inexpensive pressure washer and a Foam Cannon to wash your car. There are many tutorials on using a Foam Cannon; here's a good place to start: http://www.autogeek.net/detailingtips.html. I use Chemical Guys Honeydew in my Cannon and the shine post-drying is incredible.

Like all technology, coatings are evolving, even OptiCoat has improved their offerings significantly. I have OptiCoat on my M3 and Modesta on my 991. (Modesta was not available when I had my M3 coated). My detailer offers all of the coating products at different price points, read here: https://luxeautospa.com/paintcoatings/

He has defaulted to the two coatings mentioned on his website based on his experience with respect to quality, and dealing with credible and legitimate manufacturers/vendors. As you can see, the Modesta is a 10 year coating, and the detailer is required to be licensed and trained by Modesta, so you have had your car coated with, arguably, the best coating. A quick tip; I had my wheels and calipers coated with Modesta too, makes cleaning the wheels a breeze!

If you look closely at the attached image, you will note that the hub is coated. My detailer coats the hub with a ceramic paint coating (to withstand high temp). This is a small finishing touch, but in my experience, hubs usually get a nice coat of rust as the vehicle ages, so this coating makes the hub impervious to rust. An unintended consequence, is that when you look at the wheel, the hub seems to disappear, giving the wheel area a finished appearance. I had the same treatment on my M3, and it looks great. Good luck with your car!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0