View Single Post
      08-01-2020, 11:43 AM   #6
rockyfeller
King of NYC
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 CP

Yeah I had a feeling you probably installed already, I only saw this thread now.

As for remote power, you can't get power inputs from this harness. I didn't want to rely on the audio signal method as an alternative "remote on" control. Many people said it can be unreliable. It's far better to directly wire it to a true 12V "ACC on" source. Pretty much that fuse box method you used is the best way to get it to work. I did the same.

This Technic harness is purely for connecting the high audio speaker inputs of the Lc2i to the B&O system without splicing any speaker wiring. In our cars with the battery and B&O amp all in the trunk makes it all convenient. No need to fish any wire from any speakers from the interior.

One more thing to note is that if anyone is going to use this harness, be aware that the audio output at this level IS affected by the ASD module. Technic told me otherwise, but it's not true. So in another words you will get the rumble of the ASD through your subs. I'm sure for some people this would be annoying. If so the best remedy is just to code ASD off. As for me I don't mind the subtle rumble. Makes me feel like I have a Meisterschaft exhaust. Haha.

Well at any rate at least this thread will be searchable for anyone researching for a future project.