View Single Post
      01-05-2022, 01:45 PM   #71
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

I wanted to share some feedback on the GAW brace if anyone is still on the fence about their option vs competitors.

Originally I didn't plan on getting mine installed until Spring but I lucked up and was able to sneak the car out on a 40 degree clear day here in NE Ohio. I reiterated to my local shop how important it was to follow the instructions, specifically the TQ specs. I even gave them GAW phone number in case they ran into any issues with the install.

Two hours later I get a call that the brace is mounted and with zero issues. I pick the car up and immediately go for a drive (25 miles in total) to listen for the potential differential whine. And what do I hear? Absolutely nothing. Nothing different whatsoever. Radio off, windows up, down, city driving, highway speeds (up to 130mph) and no diff whine noise at all. Now I want to mention that my M6 is catless with Meistershafts SGT system and Project Gamma intakes. So it's not necessarily quiet in the cabin to begin with. So for you stock guys, you may or may not hear anything. But I can't imagine it would be loud. And if so, I'd say its one of two things based on these diff threads and convo's with GAW; 1. Improper install or 2. High differential wear. In my case, my car only has 25k miles in which 24.5k were stock and the car was not abused. So that's something to consider as well. I honestly don't even hear the "clunk" some reported from P to D. I don't think I'm going deaf? My ears are still relatively young at 32, lol. One thing I did notice, which for me was a bonus, was that the shifts feel slightly more aggressive and firm. This was only noticeable on WOT while in Sport+ and shift level 3, though.

So as I'm sure you've imagined, no complaints with the brace & I would recommend it to anyone in the market.

Couple pics;

Appreciate 1
BBHMM34.00