United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2022 BMW X5e  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
If you are concerned with the use of hard poly/delrin bushings or if if you think you stock bushing is worn or beyond it's service life from age or from driving habits; I would suggest waiting on this mod. I love my brace but the GAW brace is a complete kit that will help you out right away with your high HP build.

So the issue is that BMW does not sell this bushing a la carte so you'd have to buy a brand new brace to the tune of $450 USD and extract that bushing or risk using a bushing from a salvaged car. You really won't know the state of your bushing without getting under the car and begin the removal of the brace.

My indie shop is trying to source a suitable replacement for my bushing. The problem is no one makes one spec'd for the F1x chassis M cars so they are going to buy one they found to be close to test fit. It may need to be milled down a bit to get it pressed in.

If this works out please rest assured I'll pass along the contact info for the shop for y'all to consult with. If you all have any solution recommendations please let me know. I am hoping to find something that is more of an OEM feel but I am willing to give up some of that for a bit more durability.
I am surprised that there isn't aftermarket one out there. I am with you, I for sure don't want delrin, I am fine with poly bushing as any company they make one probably can probably get something harder than stock but not nearly stiff as delrin. So far I feel like RK is the way to go as long as you can find replacement OEM or something closer to. I don't want to give up on the comfort
Appreciate 0