Drives: BMW

Garage List
2022 BMW X5e  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmyguy88 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyinp View Post
I am surprised that there isn't aftermarket one out there. I am with you, I for sure don't want delrin, I am fine with poly bushing as any company they make one probably can probably get something harder than stock but not nearly stiff as delrin. So far I feel like RK is the way to go as long as you can find replacement OEM or something closer to. I don't want to give up on the comfort
It's seems more then a few people now have posted regarding their stock bushing failed or has been compromised. When I spoke about it everyone seemed to disregard it as not possible or not happening. It seems GAW was at least right in that aspect of their testing stating the oem bushing won't stand up to the abuse. I do know GAW states they were looking into another bushing option for their bracket for all the people who whined about not wanting noise increase. But in my eyes it comfort vs performance. You give up one to get the other plain and simple.
I have yet to see picture of failed bushing. GAW putting screwdriver doesn't represent the direction of stress OEM bushing sees in the car. I had my fair of running Delrin bushings, I am not going to do it again. We all make a choice and what we want to compromise in expensive of something else. For me personally OEM type is must.
Appreciate 0