GenXer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a bat out of hell.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
I'm not sure I understand the OP's issues? This is going to come across as a bit douchy, even though I'm not trying to sound like that, but the OP either couldn't really afford the car, and as such, was constantly worried about costs to repair any damage or consumables, or he looks at a car as an asset instead of an expense.

I drive my Ferrari to work almost every week. It sits in an open parking lot and my office is on MLK Blvd and an area of town that could best be described as 'in process of gentrification'. Could someone damage it? Yup. But that's what insurance is for and what is the point of moving that much capital into a vehicle if not to enjoy it.

With a few exceptions, cars we own are not museum pieces, they are meant to enjoy by driving.

With respect to the OP's comments about others trying to race him, man I just don't know, unless you live in a very unique area. I've got a heavily modified Cooper S, an E93 BMW, and a red Ferrari, and I've not had one person try to race me - ever.

Just my two cents.
Don't you know Corvette and BMW owners are douchbags?
Appreciate 2
Run Silent15127.00
wdb4673.00