06-01-2012, 09:55 AM   #108
nordic@telia.com
Love V8!
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M F8, McLaren 650S, P85D

Quote:
Originally Posted by phish_100 View Post
yeh the colour is outstanding. I still think its the best M5 colour. The depth is amazing. It looks like a huge globule of dark ink when its cloudy and then sparkles blue in the sun! it looks mean at night! so yes after a few hundred miles and 10 days, the fuel pressure sensor failed putting the car into limp mode immediately, so had to send it back for a few days for servicing. Was very disappointing, but its all fine now and havent had any issues since then. I have done about 1600 miles now so past run in. The car is beautiful. I love getting in, preferably on my own and without my family so I can drive properly! The M buttons do what they are meant to do and the car pulls seemingly from anywhere in the range. The most outstanding differences between E60 and F10 is the very smooth, quick DCT and the responsiveness from 1500 rpm. You dont have to rev it ridiculously and look/sound like an idiot to go like a rocket. The sound is amazing - active sound not an issue. The exhaust sounds amazing, popping and cracking its way through the gears. When you lift off you get a lovely bassy wallop from the exhaust. NO turbo lag as such, but there are times when you will notice. Its difficult to tell if the power is just not being put down or if its lag though. There is one slight issue about putting the power down. I would say about 40% of the time, the power doesnt transmit to the road perfectly and the traction control will light up indicating the wheels are struggling even with the massive tyres. The power is possibly too much I think. I dont understand the reason for people wanting to tune this car for more power/tq - makes no sense to me! It will not be faster - it will be worse. all in all, I love it - couldnt really love it more. Its 100 times better than the E60 M5 I had, which I also loved. COngrats on yours and hope you enjoy. If you are passing by North london, let me know and we can go out 2 M5s in convoy! dont know anyone else who has bought one!
Hi
Im also suprised over the lack of grip!! With DSC on the electronic strangles the power totally.. and in the MDM mode the tire lose there grip when going on full throttle at lower speeds
On this aspect the M5 dont live up to my expectations
Sometimes the car feels like a American muscle car with a huge motor and no grip