11-20-2021, 04:41 PM   #10
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
There is a roofing company going around and knocking on doors and telling people they can get them a new roof if they help with the claim. They say it might take 2 years and involve litigation but they have been successful helping with claims for a full new roof even when there are no leaks or apparent damage and even if the roof is 20+ years old and even thought there hasn’t been a major storm since 2017.

Now I have no problem getting a claim paid that truly needed. We used an independent appraiser for roof and other damage after a storm but we did not require a full new roof. A roofer soliciting homeowners to submit claims for roofs, however, seems to cross the line into scam and is part of the reason our insurance went up 40% this year.
I contacted a public adjuster before replacing the roof. He said we MIGHT be able to get them to pay for some of the leak damage to the floor and ceiling but no way they would pay for a new roof. On the other hand the lady who owned the house we bought in NC had her insurance replace the entire roof because of some storm damage. I don’t know what the damage was, as we saw the house before the roof replacement and whatever it was certainly wasn’t big enough to be visible. She had a shingle roof though.
Appreciate 1
RickFLM410988.50