View Single Post
      11-20-2021, 02:31 PM   #1
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Roofing

Back in 2019, I had a thread about a roofing quote, with which we never proceeded. Fast forward to late 2021 and we are looking at starting this up again (inevitably at a higher cost but good to squeeze a couple more years out of the existing roof).

Does anyone have a good source to read up on roofing to be better educated on how to approach estimates, questions to ask, materials to look for / avoid? Yes, I can and will Google, but looking to leverage some others’ experience too.

We are in South Florida. The top layer of our roof is concrete roof tile. I don’t particularly care for this material, but it is the most popular in the area - almost every roof in town is the same material. There are some older shingles and wood shake roofs, and a handful of metal panel roofs I have seen, but in our neighborhood it is concrete tiles or metal shaped and finished roof look like concrete roof tiles. Most are barrel shaped but flat tile seems to be getting more popular.

Anyway just open ended request for insights to get up to speed and make an intelligent decision. Or at least educated, semi-intelligent decision.