View Single Post
      03-27-2020, 09:49 AM   #35
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
No. If you have been making 6 figures for a while & only have $10k in savings, you suck at money management. Your own fault.
Lots of assumptions here.

I for one am totally against this wealth redistribution crap. If they just kept the provision for extending unemployment benefits, I'd be all for it. Or for those that have been impacted by reduction in their income due to reduced hours, I'm ok with them getting some help. It's total crap that this money is just going to be a blanket distribution of money with an arbitrary limit set which isn't adjusted based on area cost of living. This is no different than the other crap wealth distribution that happened a few years ago which did absolutely nothing to stimulate the economy.

Now I have to pay for both. At least I should get a reach around for taking it in the rear.

As you can tell, I'm not going to get a check and I do make in the 6 figures. Currently I don't need the check. It would help with my debt but certainly isn't going to make or break me currently. But if I do lose my job based on the arbitrary guidelines for receiving a check, I'd be screwed. Before you get on your high horse about I should have had x amount saved, I hope you don't ever have to go through a divorce. Those that have know the raping a guy goes through even though they're not at fault for the marriage failing. I just went through this. In addition to having to give half of some of my assets, I've been paying a ton in support, the ex's nursing school degree (which was in the 5 figures), and attorney's fees for both mine and hers (also in the 5 figures). Before this divorce, I had well over a year's worth of assets to cover my expenses along with significant savings. Oh and I also took it in the rear when I had to sell some of my investments to satisfy the divorce decree during this market down turn. There's a reason why many men going through this have a high suicide rate and I feel 100% contributed to my current heart/high blood pressure issues.

So I wouldn't broadly stroke that righteous brush.
Appreciate 2
Nuckle2218.00
RickFLM410971.00