View Single Post
      02-12-2023, 11:31 PM   #23
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyzee125 View Post
Almost everything is a scam these days. Ceramic and PPF really aren't all that, they're just heavily pushed on social media and they use a ton of the same buzzwords. Don't get me wrong, I've considered getting the front of my hood and possibly my bumper PPF'd, but they charge more than a full paint job oftentimes to do the whole car and you're left with a surface that will still age and have to be removed and/or replaced at sometime. Same thing with ceramic which is more overhyped than PPF IMO.

No, I wouldn't pay more for one with PPF but sure PPF in good shape beats rock chips. Factory paint is honestly usually really robust and doesn't seem to get many chips in a normal non-abused life unless it lives in the salt belt.
PPF is great. Ceramic coatings are largely a scam.

Repainting is a bitch and you may never match the paint exactly, plus repainted panels usually lower the value. PPF is also easier to wash. I don't need to worry about micro-marring or swirls with PPF since new PPF self heals minor defects.

Ceramic coating adds zero value. It is at best a long lasting wax. Period. I recommend you do ceramic coating but DIY not pro for 4 figures unless an afternoon of your time is worth more than that.
Appreciate 2
whyzee1251692.00
P111579.50