12-12-2018, 12:10 PM   #233
m5 guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_F10M5 View Post
Hey Kimo! Any updates on the car? I always love reading through this journal but want to see more lol!

Also wanted to ask, how did you like the combination of catless DPs along with the Eisenmann midpipes with cats welded in? Did you run that with a Sport or Race axleback? I currently have an Eisenmann race and am shying away from catless because I don't want drone or the smell associated with no cats. Welding them into the midpipe is an interesting option versus doing a catted option such as AMS. Can you let us know your experience with that set up and by chance to do you have any videos? Thanks!

Besides the wheels arriving no updates on the car. Still saving funds and about to enter part procurement mode. Have half-shafts, driveshaft, clutches, turbos, etc. to get before I start with the motor. I want to be completely ready with all necessary parts before the tear down begins.

Regarding exhaust I loved it. Was a similar setup to how I did my X5M. I have sport right now and it does a good job of keeping things mellow. Almost too mellow. I might switch back to a race after the build. No smell either, which is always a plus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneca View Post
Kimo is back

great looking wheels

Thanks! I'm not back just doing stupid stuff like buying wheels for a broken car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfzilla View Post
If you dont mind sharing, how did you bend a rod? And also whats the ball park to repair....sounds like you are replacing parts as well. This is what happened to me and my old evo.....I windowed the block and it was gonna cost the same to go OEM or go big horsepower.

Needless to say I went big.....flew too close to the sun and got burnt. I loved the original wheels. this current set......meh. Either way I love watching this journey. You have great taste in mods and wheels (and cars).

We think it was an injector that stuck open. Not sure though, won't know for sure until tear down. Since I'm committing to a built motor I'm honestly not even going to worry about it. When the engine gets built I'm sure the builders will tell me exactly how it happened. Thanks for the compliments on the wheels!
2001 E46 M3 Oxford Green Metallic II-Cinnamon SOLD
Appreciate 0