View Single Post
      04-10-2019, 06:35 PM   #10
allmotor_2000
F10 1/4 WR: 9.9s / 142.5mph 1/2 WR: 175.5mph
Rep
Drives: 2018 RS3, 991 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachM5nster View Post
my goal was to just do downpipes because I figured that was a good safe Bolt-on upgrade. i have charcoals removed with a good dry filter and intake scoops, a Soul muffler delete that has no drone and is nice and quiet after warm-up and that would beef that up

and then after a few weeks I was going to get a BPM stage1 to get rid of the check engine light from the 76mm meisterschaft downpipes which I found out the 76mm DPs are the direct OEM replacement to put in OEM exhaust piping versus the full meisterschaft exhaust which calls for the 90mm/3.5".

but stage 1 to get a little bit more power but maybe do bpm stage 2 since going catless..

but after speaking to BPM just a minute ago via email and they said the only downpipes that fit perfect are the OEM ones and to gut those but I think I'll just go stage one and leave the factory down pipes what do you guys think honestly?? I just want a little bit more power I want 2nd gear to be angry like first gear but im not a mad man. i dont want to upgrade clutch pack.

I had a dinan stage 2 obd flash on an n63 motor aka f10 550i which supposedly gave me 90 hp and if the bpm stagd 1 is just equal to that ill be happy (i'm hoping someone will chime in and say that stage 1 on m5 is way better)

but i'll get 305 michelin 4s after tune as i have 295's now and ill need a lil more grip.
Mike (BPM) is right. Stick to the factory. You can gut them if you want more sound but you aren't going to gain much power. Keep a BPM S1 or S2 tune and get a radar detector
Appreciate 1