08-04-2022, 01:30 PM   #94
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O_Doc View Post
This makes me want to put a bunch of fake badges on my car.

Doug, in his video, says something unsubstantiated and I think CERTAINLY wrong in some of not many cases. He said people are trying to make their car seem like it's more than it is by putting on fake badgers and I don't think this is always true. I think the same way people wear team jerseys or exotic car tee shirts to celebrate the brand, some people are just adding some of these badges to celebrate Ms or AMGs or whatever. It's quite an assumption to say that these folks are decorating their cars trying to fool people.

And how is it that much worse than spoilers that do nothing, fake vents that do nothing, exhaust that makes more noise that it needs to.

Cut people some slack and don't condescend. And certainly don't assume you know what their intention is.
Ugh, why else would you add a fake badge to a car if not trying to portray it as something that it isnt? Its no different than wearing a fake Rolex or a woman wearing a fake purse. You are trying to fool the masses into thinking you own something more valuable than you do.

Wearing a BMW shirt to support the brand has nothing to do with, and isnt remotely close to slapping an M badge on a 330i.

Fake vents, large spoilers, etc may be in poor taste to most, but they dont hide what the car really is. Again, its not the same as re-badging the car to a superior model.

Anyway - I think this discussion is all in good fun. If you want to slap an AMG badge on your entry level c class then go ahead! But those who know will surely giggle and scratch their head when they see the fake badge.
Appreciate 0