United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5 Competition Package

Garage List
1995 Porsche 911  [0.00]
2014 BMW M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by technician117 View Post
The amp is the large rectangular unit mounted to the floor part of the left rear cubbie. You have to remove the side trunk panel almost entirely in order to access it enough to pull the connectors out. I think the bracket it mounts to will hide the part number, so you may have to pull the amp in order to know which number you have. If you look at RealOEM, they list all of the part numbers that interchange.

Since I posted in here last, I've only had this happen to me 1 more time. I'm just going to keep waiting it out. Worst case if it shits the bed I can put my original back in for the time being until I get another new one or find a service that repairs them.
Thanks for the info! I was able to find the amp (that sucker is huge) and pull the part number. I also tried manually power cycling the unit which did nothing. Now on to looking for an appropriate replacement that won't break the bank. I tried doing additional research, but does anyone know if other users have been able to upgrade/replace the OEM B&O system with a plug and play aftermarket amp? (using a harness or some sort of adapter)