03-25-2021, 05:41 PM   #118
E92inNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Nothing wrong with that either.

I think people make a bigger mistake of deciding for sure what they plan to do for the rest of their life instead of having an idea and seeing how it goes. Good friend of mine wanted to be married with two kids, certain type of job, certain lifestyle, all by a certain age. Years ago, when we went out he often seemed desperate as he was trying to hit deadlines and requirements instead of enjoying life and seeing where it takes you.

As for Vietnam, have you ever been or just family from there? My wife and I plan to go on vacation there as soon as Covid lets us (supposed to go last year). In normal times I spend a lot of work time in Thailand then travel a lot of the region so our last trip was Thailand, next is Vietnam. Trying to keep the job long enough for the vacation as it is much cheaper and easier as part of a work trip. I really like SE Asia.
The country were one of the first to shut down travel and if the stats are accurate, the infections so far are around 2500 to date. It’s become a tourist destination the past few decades post war and I’ve read they soon consider letting people in with vaccine certificates. If you like Thailand you will most likely like Vietnam as the culture in SE Asia are very similar, mostly poor people just trying to make it through another day. I moved here when I was 7 but once this COVID thing passes my bosses/coworkers know I’m using up all my vacation time every other year going back for 3-4 weeks. $4000 is more than enough for a month long visit including flight, food and travel. I’m from Saigon and I plan on doing the Top Gear road trip up to Hanoi and then Ha Long Bay.
Appreciate 1
David701567.00