03-25-2021, 05:52 PM   #119
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92inPHX View Post
The country were one of the first to shut down travel and if the stats are accurate, the infections so far are around 2500 to date. It’s become a tourist destination the past few decades post war and I’ve read they soon consider letting people in with vaccine certificates. If you like Thailand you will most likely like Vietnam as the culture in SE Asia are very similar, mostly poor people just trying to make it through another day. I moved here when I was 7 but once this COVID thing passes my bosses/coworkers know I’m using up all my vacation time every other year going back for 3-4 weeks. $4000 is more than enough for a month long visit including flight, food and travel. I’m from Saigon and I plan on doing the Top Gear road trip up to Hanoi and then Ha Long Bay.
I give the people of Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia (places I have gone the most and we have a plant in Thailand) a lot of credit. They don't have much but get by, generally pretty happy, crime is low considering the income, patience when it comes to people and crowds and driving. Now that I have spent a lot of time there the culture and people here irritate me more as so many have so much but still have constant complaints. Most there wouldn't have a conversation about their "biggest financial loss".