Rep
Drives: 2000 M5, 2001 M5, 2013 M5 6MT

Garage List
1990 BMW M5  [0.00]
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC04 View Post
I had the same issue as you have. My M6 gave me an increased battery discharge message after 2-3 days even after trickle charged overnight. I didn't want to get stuck with dead battery during subzero temperatures.

I read some of your replies and it looks like you already have ISTA D program. That's all you need to register a new same AH battery. You don't need ISTA P to program/code unless you want to change your battery AH. Example, from 92AH to 105AH. In addition, since you have ISTA D just hook it up and scan your car. It will tell you the battery AH it currently installed. Follow the instructions below to get the information about your current battery and register the new battery.

https://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1569619

I bought my battery from Oreilys autoparts. The cheapest for an East Penn battery. I have the new battery for about a month and recently went on a trip for 9 days and left the car in subzero temperatures without the trickle charger connected. It started right up when I got home without any hesitation and no increased battery discharge message either. All my electronics still working 100% correctly.

Tips: Whatever you do when changing the battery, always disconnect the negative termination first before you messing with the positive terminal.
Ah OK, excellent. I'll have to check to see what I have before I go too far with anything. It's been fine the last few weeks, so I'm going to wait it out.

Appreciate the tip. I learned that one back in automotive college. I used to be a mechanic in my previous life...
Appreciate 0