View Single Post
      04-09-2019, 08:30 PM   #42
tonydat1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell1982 View Post
850WHP based on variables.. dyno brand and settings, fueling, ignition timing.. dyno numbers can be manipulated easily.
The "delta" is what anyone's focus should be. Before, during and after testing on the same dyno, same operator etc. to show the actual gains rather then only an overall number at the end of testing.
An M6 with downpipes, software and 101 octane posted on these forums years back made low 600's on a mustang dyno in southern calrifornia then went to European Auto Source's Dyno Jet 2 days later and made close to 720WHP
If I was a company advertising high numbers I would want to show the highest possible due to wanting to entice people to buy a product.
Data of how the engine is running is what myself and hopefully he majority would.
Maximum PSI and RK Tunes are currently testing S55 engines with ported cylinder heads and should be releasing data soon showing that with a stock cylinder head there is more power to be made then a ported cylinder head.
They are testing a few internal engine components like valve springs for example.
They replaced the valve springs on the ported head and now they are making huge numbers.
I do believe that the Carbahn S63TU engine uses stock valve springs currently. There possibly could be some parts that are an influence which would require an engine builder / tuner to shine more technical data.
Again..lots of variables to take into consideration
That's the story I heard as well for the s55 motor. Ram made 1000whp on a carbahn spec motor and never mentioned anything about valve springs, so I don't think it would be the same for the s63tu.
Appreciate 0