ChampagneQrtzPapi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast27 View Post
Hey All,

Wanted to post this if anyone wants to switch things up a bit and I can't help but tinkering. My wife bought a new '18 X5 a few years ago and always liked her navigation with carplay built in. It always seemed a little sleaker and was touchscreen as well so started to do my research. A month ago, I decided to go with the INAV system that has a pop up screen (first photo), which is essentially an android device that leverages AUX input to toggle back and forth. I liked it, but it just didn't feel the same as my wife's X5. It's a great option but wanted something a little more and OEM. I did some research and went with an ebay retailer navi and bmw parts who could code the NBT EVO to my VIN as well as manufacturer a touchscreen from another vehicle but modified to fit the F10. Installed last night, fired right up and works perfectly. I was expecting some coding needed post install but all worked out - switched the Sirius over to the new unit in 10 min and good to go. Here are some pics of the install - took about 3 hours all in making sure I connected the right wires including the fiber optic cables and taking my time. Don't worry - I disconnected the negative terminal before I started taking things apart. Towards the end, I reconnected it before screwing everything to make sure things were working properly.
Am I being too picky by saying that I wish the G30 in the idrive had the M Sport pckg? Great setup overall tho n thx for the post!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0