View Single Post
      06-13-2012, 10:00 PM   #12
DGod
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 E60, BMW 1M E82

Hi, guys.
Some of you might remember me from when I posted a thread about a dealer's mistake when ordering my M5. Finally everything was sorted out and I have the car just as I spec'd it.
The car is Individual Frozen Grey, with full Individual leather in Silk Grey and Piano Black trim. It has every option except CD changer, backseat monitors, Nightvision and speed limit info.
I got delivery of the car about 3 or 4 weeks ago, but I have been traveling quite a bit lately and I haven't had the time to drive it or to post pictures.
Meanwhile, I had the wheels, front grilles, side gills and trunk letters blacked out, in the same Piano Black finish (gloss black that is). I really prefer the look of the car now, I hate chromes, even more on a matte finish paint. I also painted the chrome on the door handles to match the body color, looks much better now.
About the driving experience, I like to think of myself as a quite spirited driver, and I'm still in the break-in period so I don't really have much to say apart from what is already known to public. Very powerful car, you can feel it's weight but still manages to be agile, I like the gearbox, the steering matches the character of the car, very comfortable. You never get the sense of speed in it, that might be the only downside I can point so far. Brakes seem to be okay, but like I said, I haven't really pushed it that hard so my opinion is limited.
Future mods being considered are lowering springs, Akrapovic exhaust and remove the speed limiter.
After the break-in I will share my opinion regarding the driving experience and performance.
Below you can see pictures from when I picked it up and after the mods.
Regards!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0