04-22-2019, 12:19 PM   #33
carlitosgomesm5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsecossie View Post
Hi all, just to share my experience if it helps you guys. I bought my F10 M5 last year and thought the exhaust was way too quiet for my preferences.

I did the exhaust flap mod (using jubilee clips) which was ok but quite loud on start up.

I contemplated the exhaust silencer mod (opening up the stock silencers and wrapping the perforated pipes) but was still worried about the cold start.

My ideal preference was to have the exhaust sound quiet on start up and low revs but sound louder and deeper when driving enthusiastically. And one very important requirement was to have minimal drone.

I decided the way to go was to have the cold start mapped out (along with a stage 1 tune whilst I was there anyway &#128522.

I then decided to do a partial resonator delete and silencer mod. I then took off the jubilee clips and reinstated the valves.

Let me tell you, the car sounds perfect! Almost as quiet as stock when starting and driving around normally but once you start driving at a higher rpm the car sounds brutal. And it's not obnoxiously loud, it has a lovely deep tone and the volume is louder. You can even hear the turbo spooling down after a rev when stationary.

Exhaust crackles and burbles will be more defined.

Even though I didn't opt for a "pops and bangs" map, the car will still pop and bang on occasions because of the combination of the tune and the exhaust mod.

Hope this helps 👍🏾
What do you mean by partial resonator delete and silencer mod, are there articles here on what that means exactly?
Appreciate 0