10-03-2021, 02:55 PM   #1802
c0bra
Commander ;)
United_States
Rep
Drives: E88 N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
So keep in mind I drive a BMW E86 Z4 Coupe, which has the visibility of a tool box... but has great mirrors.

But how do you find it is to drive the C8? If I switch jobs and stop driving 35,000 miles/year, I've considered just getting rid of all my old BMWs and boiling down to just a 'Vette. But it just looks to big and enclosed to drive effectively in traffic. To me, the interior seems too styled (looks great), but is not driver focused. I'm one not used to using driver-aids to drive a car. Call me a naturalist.

I'd be interested in your thoughts.
I hear you on not using driver aids... My 135i doesn't have a camera or park distance control, and I get along just fine.

With the ragtop up, my E88 has poor viz with it's small rear glass. Comparing that to the C8, the Vette is easier to drive on congested roadways imo. I do use the video camera rearview mirror (zoom and height adjustable) vs traditional mirror that has to look thru 2 pieces of glass. The camera mirror lets you see a lot more, although it takes some time to get used to. After 1000 miles, I still don't trust the blind spot monitoring yet, but the side mirrors are positioned well and offer a good view.

The interior is actually very driver focused, like a cockpit. Everything is angled towards the driver, including the infotainment screen and infamous "wall" of HVAC buttons. I admit the wall is ugly, but it is highly functional. I do have a few very minor complaints about the interior. Lumbar is not adjustable vertically, only horizontally. The turn signal/wiper stalks feel soft. The wipers are not auto rain sensing... Vette guys don't drive in the rain, the car will melt.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17313.50