AlphaAlpineM6
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M6 & 2012 AMG CLS63

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
Guys, it is your exhaust vacuum lines not properly plugged. Ridiculously common problem when people install aftermarket exhausts on the F10. They can't just be crimped or tied off. Go to Auto Zone and get some RTV sealant for $5 then do the following:

1. Locate your lines at the rear of the car near where you mufflers are (likely they have been tucked away by your exhaust installer)

2. Find a "plug" that is a tiny bit larger in diameter than the inside of the lines. A screw will do but a solid plastic or metal plug works best.

3. Coat the plug with RTV and inset the plug inside the lines firmly, MUST be TIGHT. No air can be escaping the lines whatsoever.

4. Coat the top of the plug at end of vacuum line with RTV and let it dry for a couple of hours.

Problem will be fixed. Car will run like new. :-)

Trust me. I have helped others with this and I know this first hand because it happened to me. :-) Car feels as if it is a non-turbo when they are not plugged properly. In most cars you can simply crimp the lines and tie them off with zip ties. Not so on the F10 turbo motors. There is no ECU resetting or anything computer related. The problem IS the vacuum lines. Many installers don't even try to tie them off. They simply disconnect them from the valves that come standard on the OEM exhaust (look at your old exhaust and you will see them on the sides of each muffler. There are small nipples where the vacuum lines were secured to them before) and since there are no valves on the aftermarket exhaust, they simply tuck them away and you leave with a car that feels like it has lost all torque.

Best of luck!

Mike
What Mike said.

2008 M3 Sedan + catless + Tune
2012 CLS63 AMG
2014 M6 Coupe + catless + KW V3
2015 Porsche GT3
, 2015 M3, all stock, 1/1 Space Grey
Appreciate 0