Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP Dinan Stage 2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003 View Post
Well having a CP with DP's to start with is a huge advantage , just look at my stock Vbox numbers , but I'm glad to see a Dinan kit is functioning well on a CP car . It seemed a lot of people have been having MAF issues .
Agreed on all.

We had a small meet with a great group of guys including GunderM5 and wrsbmw. The roads were great to push the ///M's and wrsbmw's TTS is stunning... The sound is also amazing. The most memorable moment was when a small town sheriff wanted to chat with us for an hour....just because he had nothing better to do.

Gunder's M5 w/ BMS did very well. We could only do rolling starts form 60-80 to +++. We had four or five runs. The last three should be on film from D88. I will see if he has uploaded them to youtube.

on the first run it felt like forever between the time I hit the gas and when the car took off (D3) and Sport plus, she pulled ahead around 110-120 and kept gaining multiple car lengths.

The last two runs were in manual and the car seemed to pull away faster. At the end of each race the Dinan was a good distance ahead of the BMS.

As noted i do have DP's and CP. It would be great to meet up with hawkyeye or anyone with a stock CP in Houston.

I am really happy with my Dinan setup. In my eyes it performed as expected. The suspension (coilovers and sways) are also much improved in my opinion. They really have the spring rates in the sweet spot. I enjoyed the CP springs but i feel that the Dinan setup is an improvement over CP. I have not had the opportunity to track the car since the new setup. I can provide more detail on how the setup performs on the track and a later date.

The MAF CEL is still present. They are still working on a fix.

JS

Last edited by Spinny02; 09-23-2014 at 05:51 PM..
Appreciate 0