View Single Post
      06-02-2012, 12:28 AM   #66
mrtim83
Registered
Rep
Drives: small and cheap

People are forgetting important facts

Weight and aerodynamics and wheel size and suspension do play a huge factor when trying to determine how the ppts can beat lighter car with more power in a shootout to 100kmh and 200kmh.

What about the dyno, ah yes the dyno, still proves that bmw is putting out more power. But not to all four wheels. Let us not forget that ppts has AWD.

Also the main reason why this car can smoke the m5 in a shootout to 200kmh is because of launch control. It slams all the power to all four wheels and the torque goes to something like 590. Normal psi is around 12.3 and in launch control it boosts to 13.5.

The dyno doesn't sense that launch control because more than likely they don't put the vehicle in launch control while performing the dyno. I will admit I love the Porsche panamera turbo....I must admit that the best value for money is the BMW m5.

If someone handed me the money and said here is a freebie get what you want... Porsche all the way. If I'm using my hard earned cash... I'm being sensible and getting the M5. Either way I still win. They are both awesome cars that look sexy and perform well.

Oh yeah this is my first post guys. Great site and love talking cars!

Appreciate 0