View Single Post
      04-20-2019, 08:23 AM   #6
huesey1974
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 competition

Hi,
Thanks for all your reply's, much appreciated. I take it there's an issue with rod bearing in this engine? I am aware of the oil consumption on certain engines and i'm guessing its just your luck , however I have had a service history report and it has had 8 services all by BMW, also to note on the bulletin was that it had been into BMW for a few top ups around 3k miles apart in its earlier days. I take it this is a lifetime issue? also the turbo lines have been repaired around 10k miles ago. car has new brakes all round and tyres so no issues there. i'm not overly concerned with basic repairs as I usually do these myself and I also have a great mechanic if required. The engine would be the worry but i'm sure there are thousands around with no issues. the internet always shows up the problematic ones which gets you thinking.. Are the early models that bad I should steer clear? 66k is fairly low mileage I would have thought, my old E39 had 148k on her when I sold and was still pulling strong. thanks again guys!!
Appreciate 0