TLK
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP, '12 550i, '04 545i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonboy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
If your still not happy with the brakes I suggest a rolling road brake test to see if the brake balance is uniform for all four wheels and observing that no fluid of any kind is being transferred onto the discs.
Are there any flat spots on discs with juddering at high speed when b/pedal is pressed but not connected to when ABS is working.

Thanks for your advice.

Do you know where in the UK, can I do this rolling Road brake test?

Car recently passed its Mot with no issues.

No flat spots or juddering.

I was just going at high speed recently and braked quite hard coming to a roundabout. The car did stopped eventually, but there was a point, where I was wondering if this was "the end" for me as I was pressing the pedal relatively hard but the "slowing down" didn't match the rate I was pressing the pedal (if that makes sense).
I have also experienced this in the M5, but haven't been able to find the cause of it. It is rare.

I have also noticed that the stock pads and rotors work better warm, as hard braking has much more bite on a second application within a few seconds of a first. So sometimes when I am really going at it fast on back roads I will brake occasionally just to keep the brakes warm. I have never driven this car on a track so I can only guess that the brakes get plenty hot and stay hot.
Appreciate 0